With a stylish country village charm, pristine surfing beaches, national parks, and award-winning restaurants, Yamba is Australia’s hidden holiday and lifestyle destination. Set against a backdrop of cane farms, forests, beaches and wetlands, this country town is the place to experience, not just see.
Yamba was voted the best town in Australia by the Australian Travel Magazine in 2009. Explore the myriad of waterways, stroll the uncrowded beaches, go swimming, fishing or surfing but most of all discover Yamba’s friendly hospitality all year round.
Yamba is a town in northern New South Wales, Australia at the mouth of the Clarence River, the biggest river on the east coast of Australia. The town economy is strongly based on fishing and tourism but has a diverse range of influences. Yamba is a popular tourist destination and has a relaxed lifestyle with access to all services and is within easy reach of Ballina, Lismore, and Grafton.
The Yamba Golf Club welcomes visitors to its excellent course, enjoy the walk as you play golf whilst sharing the course with the friendly Kangaroos and relax afterward with a refreshing cold beer and a lovely meal in friendly surrounds.
Yamba Bowling Club offers a friendly venue for a great day of social bowls together with all club facilities, top entertainment and affordable meals in the club restaurants.
Yamba has several excellent restaurants with a wide range of meals to suit all tastes. The recently upgraded the award-winning Yamba Shores Tavern sites on the Clarence River is just minutes away from the Yamba Motor Inn and offers a modern, friendly water view facilities with great meals and children’s play area for visitors to enjoy.
As well as the nearby variety of Yamba surf beaches and the calm Clarence River, it is a short drive to the famous Angourie surf reserve with the Angourie Point, Angourie Back beach as well as the family beach favourite Spooky Beach. Yamba is also famous for its quality seafood, catch your own in the Clarence River or take a charter boat to fish outside for reef and game fish.
The Yuraygir National Park is known as the Largest Coastal National Park in NSW and provides 65 kilometre of coastline, the park includes colourful headlands, isolated beaches, quiet lake systems, small coastal villages and provides great bushwalking trails.
We at the Yamba Motor Inn offer overnight, part or weekly stays and our friendly staff will assist in helping make your stay at Yamba memorable and enjoyable. Come and enjoy this unique part of Australia’s coastline, you won’t be disappointed.
Things to do in Yamba
- Art and Crafts – There are many regular art and craft events and galleries in and around the Yamba area, including the Reception Gallery at Angourie Resort, The Chapel Art Gallery, Simply Hand Made Markets and a number of galleries down the road at nearby Maclean.
- Markets – The local farmer’s markets are held on the 4th Sunday of each month, at Ford Park, just a short drive from the Yamba Motor Inn.
- National Parks – Surrounded by some the state’s longest stretch of undeveloped coastline Yamba has close access to the Yuraygir National Park and Bundjalung National Park for keen bushwalkers and explorers.
- Museum – The Story House museum showcases the local and Indigenous history of the Clarence Valley and Yamba area.
- Lighthouse – Popular for its wonderful views north to Iluka across the mighty Clarence River and south to Angourie and Brooms Head, the Yamba Lighthouse is a popular tourist spot and a great walk while you’re in Yamba.
- Surfing – Famous for its world-class surfing breaks, Yamba and nearby Angourie is home to some of the best hidden, remote and beaches in Australia.
- Swimming – With protected access to small and patrolled ocean and river beaches, a local heated swimming pool and an ocean pool, everyone swims in the summer at Yamba
- Shopping – With a shopping
centre, lots of boutique shops and a vibrant arts and surfing culture there’s always shopping to do.
- Sports – There are plenty of sporting grounds, facilities and local parks for the physically active.
- Whale Watching
- Fishing – Fishing is a popular activity all across the Clarence Valley, with a vibrant river system and access to the Pacific Ocean. All types of fishing are available, from beach and rock fishing to charters, river jetties and more.
- Cinema – The local cinema will take you back to the old days but with the newest feature films you’ve been waiting to see.
- River Cruises and Boating – Hire a kayak, yacht, houseboat, take a cruise on the local ferry in the Clarence River or hire a charter boat and head out around the local headlands for a fantastic view, fishing and more.
8:00am – 8:00pm
81 Yamba Road
Yamba NSW 2464
Phone: 02 6646 1122
Let us know if you have any questions.